Acute Sinusitis is usually caused by the bacteria known as Streptococcus pneumonia, Haemophilus influenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis. Chronic sinusitis is also caused by these microorganisms along with Staphylococcus aureus and some anaerobes. Chronic sinusitis is sometimes caused by fungi also.
Symptoms and signs of sinus infection depends upon the factor that whether it is acute or chronic. Some of the common symptoms are -
1. Headache in the temple or surrounding the eyes
3. Nasal discharge or postnasal drip
4. Discomfort or pressure below the eye
5. Chronic toothache
6. Pain possibly worse with flu, colds or allergies
Various natural remedies for sinus infection are available easily at our home only -
1. For the treatment of different viral and nasal problems ginger is one of the effective and oldest remedy. To cure sinusitis the extract of ginger is very effective. For the problem of sinusitis take 1-2 spoon of extract twice a day or small pieces of raw ginger is also very effective.
2. Methi or Fenugreek is also very effective and useful in treating sinusitis as well as various diseases. Prepare a mixture by adding 2-3 teaspoon of fenugreek in a glass of water and reduce the water to half by boiling. Drain the mixture and have a small sip of this mixture at least two –three times a day. It is also very effective remedy for sinusitis.
3. Basil leaves and extract of cloves etc are very effective in curing sinusitis. It is one of the most popular herbal remedies for the treatment of sinusitis.
4. Patient of sinusitis must increase the intake of fresh juicy fruits like oranges and all the other vitamin C rich fruit. Mango is also very effective for the patient of sinusitis. These fruits are very effective for the treatment of sinusitis as these fruits are rich in vitamin A.
5. People suffering from sinusitis may take diet rich in vitamin A. It is said to be the best insurance against cold and the trouble of sinus. It is also known as 'membrane conditioner' as it builds healthy mucus membrane in the nose and throat.
Find more useful Home Remedies for Sinus Infection. Read the benefits of Shilajit in improving overall health.